Local Documentation

We provide full support in the issue of all documentation required by Brazilian law of foreigners who have recently arrived or already reside in Brazil. Among the services we offer are the following:

  • Registration at the Federal Police and issuance of the RNE (National Registry of Foreigners): registration must take place within 30 days of entry into the country (Article 30 of Law no. 6.815/1980), under penalty of fine.
  • CPF (Individual Taxpayer Registry): foreigners residing in Brazil who must file an Annual Individual Tax Return (DIRF) must register at the CPF.
  • CNH – Carteira Nacional de Habilitação (Driver’s License): : aupon entering Brazil, foreign drivers may drive with their Driver’s License issued in their country of origin (provided that it is valid), for up to 180 days. To enjoy this right, in addition to the driver’s license, the driver should carry his original passport or another document that proves the date he entered the country. Otherwise, to drive in Brazil after these 180 days, foreigners who hold valid drivers’ licenses from countries that are members of the Vienna Convention should apply for a Brazilian driver’s license, called a Carteira Nacional de Habilitação (CNH). (Source: Detran-SP).
  • Labor Contract Booklet: required document (depending on the type of visa held by the foreigner) issued by the Regional Superintendency of Labor and Employment. In general, it is required of foreigners who come to Brazil to provide some type of service to another party, whether in industry, commerce, agriculture, animal raising or even domestic service (Source: Ministry of Labor and Employment).

For more information, contact one of our consultants.

Voltar     Home